Thursday, January 3, 2013

Insecure much?

I am a female.

This in no way SHOULD describes the way my brain works. But in most cases, it does.

I am insecure.

Whew. Glad I got that off my chest.

I have some serious insecurities that hinder any joy in my life. I like to call my brain the joy sucker... haha, sucker...

Anyway, I worry that I am not good, pretty, fit, smart, tall, short, worthy, generous, proud, energetic, (and a whole lot more words that fit this blank)... enough.

I could be at work kicking ass and taking names like always, and something a coworker might say or do will knock me down as if a giant force of judgmental thoughts from their facial expression hit me.

I could be spending time with my man and a Victoria's Secret model shows up on the TV. Then the wave of "he-wants-that-more-than-this" covers me like a blanket.

I could be on Facebook and see that friends of mine went out and didn't invite me. Then, the brick of "you-suck-to-be-around" slams me in the face.

And then the spiral of doubt and worry over takes me.

Then I eat loads of chocolate and beg my man for sex. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment