Monday, January 7, 2013

House broken?

 My puppy holds my heart (when The Man isn't around at least).

She is such a spaz. She loves soft blankets and will make any excuse in the world to be able to be next to a person with a soft blanket. Peanut butter is her weakness. Dryer sheets are an addiction (I swear, she can find those suckers anywhere). And she is officially potty trained! Woot! *Dancing like crazy!*

But 12 hours ago, my dog pissed me off.

She made me so angry that I couldn't look at her.

She did this:



Yes, that is my Christmas tree, laying on the floor.

I was in the kitchen, washing dishes (insert sexist joke now) and Leia was playing with the fruit juice bottle. She loves empty bottles. Also, as a side note (because my brain has ADD moments) she has not once EVER touched the Christmas trees. Ever. She would lay under them, but for curiosity purposes, nothing. She didn't care they were even in the house.

Back to the crash. I don't know what happened. I honestly wish I did. But I don't have the slightest idea.

All I know is that when I came running in, I found that, and Leia trying to get into her cage. So, to absorb the craziness, I put her in her cage and looked around.

Not much was broken. Actually, only one thing was, and that's what upset me the most. It was an ornament that The Man's nephew made us. He was so proud (he's only 2) and made it himself by painting on an ornament. The Man loved it. Truly, he loves his nephew in a way that fathers love their own children, and I love him for that.

I hated breaking the news to The Man. But he came home (it happened while he was on his way home from work), helped me clean up, and played with Leia. He wasn't as mad as I was and already has planned to have his nephew over to make a new one. Such love and patience. I love that man.

So, the question I have for you is this:

Has your pet ever broken anything? Was it special to you in some way? Details people. Details.

This is the innocent face:



4 comments:

  1. Accidents due happen And Im sure if your Leia could have cought the tree and decoration she would have.. I have had my pet break things and yes I got mad but It could be replaced. An animal dosent know and Im sure Leia felt very bad as She was trying to get into her cage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know that this was an accident, but of course in the heat of the moment we get upset without seeing the big picture. I love my puppy and would do anything for her. I love that she knows right from wrong.

      Delete
  2. Our Rottweiler,Logan,chewed my husband's good hunting boots right down to looking like a shoe! One was gnawed at just the top and the other was completely gone. Wish I had a photo to share. Logan is 5 years old...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! I'm glad we got Leia out of the habit of chewing on shoes haha. We have her crate trained and when we are both not in the house or at night when we go to sleep, we put her in her cage. A lot of that has to do because we live in a rental and don't want her to eat through the walls out of boredom haha!

      Delete